My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

curtains out of a sheet

This is a window in Joshua's room. I took down the foofoo girly curtains that were hanging when we moved in, but couldn't figure out what to put up instead. It's looked like this for a long time!



The other day at Walmart, I grabbed a twin flat sheet for $3. How do they make it that cheap? That's a LOT of fabric for $3. I probably don't want to know....I feel guilty already and wish I had bought an $8 one from Target where they probably have higher wages and give back to the community.
So, without measuring anything, I cut the sheet into 2 mostly even sections. I didn't have to even sew that much, since the sheet was hemmed. Then I got some scraps out and made a little swag. I didn't bother to measure when I was making that eigher. Opps, it's a little bit too long. Let's see if I can tuck one of the triangles out of view and make it shorter.



Every time I walk in his room I think, "Hmmm. Do I like those triangles up there?" I don't hate them, but I'm not crazy about them eigher. His room has a Thomas mural and a Thomas bed, so I think that's why I'm not so sure the swaggy thing is a good fit.


What do you think? Should I take it down, tuck it up, or leave it alone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe you just look at them for a while and see how you feel about them later :) BTW does the little guy like it??

dana said...

I feel the same way about Walmart, not to mention how annoying it is to actually shop there.
Um, I actually like the flags. I think that it ties into the train theme. Reminds me of a finish line or a train station or something. And it's feels little-kiddish. Cute Thomas room.

 

Made by Brian Trager