My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Brownie cut outs

Kaylee asked to make cut out cookies using different shapes.   I almost groaned out loud.   Cut out cookies are so much work!    I make them at Christmas time, but it’s a 3 day event.

Day one:  Make the dough

Day two:  Cut them out and bake

Day three:  Decorate cookies

Maybe I could toughen up and pull it off in two days….but today I used a brownie mix.  Sprayed a large cookie tray and baked a thin layer of brownies for 20 minutes.

IMG_0001

We tried to maximize the placement and got about 12 cut outs.  The poor gingerbread man lost a leg and an arm.

IMG_0002

The best part just may be all the “leftover” parts that must be eaten.  Smile

IMG_0006

They will be decorated on day 2….if any survive that long before we eat them up.  

 

IMG_0007

1 comment:

Ronda said...

I saw this done on Martha Stewart and she rolled up the left over bits into balls, and dusted them with powdered sugar and nuts, to make truffles! They look so yummy

 

Made by Brian Trager