My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dress to Skirt

 

IMG_9994

The Good:   awesome colors and design, soft and flowy

The Bad:  Weird neckline, requires a strapless bra (BLAH…enough to discourage me from wearing it)

The Ugly:  the shirred waist falls right under my bust, which would be perfect if I was pregnant.   But…I’m not. 

Sara and Amy JO

 

I bought this dress for Sara’s bridal shower last year.  See the strange neckline?

IMG_5737

I thought about it for a few days, and then just started chopping away at the waistband.

 

IMG_9996

After some stitching around the waistline and (cringe) some hot glue gun action in a few stubborn places, I now present to you:  a SKIRT.

IMG_9999

I think I’ll like wearing it lower on my waist with different tops and cardigans.  

1 comment:

Sara said...

So cute!!! I love that patten and am glad you're able to repurpose it for something you're happy with xoxo

 

Made by Brian Trager