My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grandma’s earrings

A few months ago I looked through my grandmother’s collection of jewelry with my family.   She had a lot of clip on ear rings that were fun to try on, but not in style or reasonably comfortable.  I asked to take several things back home with me and eventually they’ll end up in different projects, I hope.   Here’s the first:

 

IMG_7728

I sorted through some outgrown or stained kids clothes.

IMG_7634

Selected a hand-me-down shirt that I’ve never liked and cut a chunk out.   Rolled that chunk up into a circle/ flower thing…

IMG_7692

I bent the “clip” part off of the earing, then hot glued it to the center of the flower.  

IMG_7683

Kaylee loves to wear purple, so these clip on ear rings will get more use adorning the center of a hair clip than anyone’s actual ears.

 

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love how you are reusing the earrings from your grandmother....so sentimental.

mom said...

love it

Erin said...

Isn't that funny . . . my grandma never had pierced ears. The jewelery in her possession wasn't really anything any of us would wear or want except that it was hers :-)

 

Made by Brian Trager