My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Candy experiments

We came home from a birthday party last weekend with a boat load of candy. Oodles and oodles of colorful, sugary stuff. Now if it was chocolate, it would not have been wasted in any way, but it was all fruity candy: Skittles, Nerds, suckers, starbursts.

You know, the "healthier" type of candy. I must remind myself to buy this for Halloween so I have something left in the house to give kids on Oct. 31rst.

I don't let the kids eat a lot of candy, so I knew this stash would be around For-Ev-Er. I saw an idea in a magazine to do experiments with candy, so we have been dissolving candy in cold water and hot water. Watching closely to see which candy dissolves the fastest, and which colors "bleed" the best. Of course J throws some in his mouth once in a while, but at least he's not chowing down like he's never had sugar before.

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager