My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Camping

Camping Poll results:


50% of people said that they camp to enjoy the outdoors.
25% of people said that they camp because it's cheaper than a resort
25% of people said that they avoid camping at all costs.

I'll admit to being one of the people who'd rather go to a resort. If I win the lottery, I promise to take my whole family to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas or Jamaica or anywhere beautiful. If only I played the lottery.

Our weekend away at Buckeye Lake was great. The best part was not hearing, "MOMMY! MOMMY! MAMA! MOM!" every few minutes. Joshua was completely occupied every single moment of each day with his cousins and his Grammy. I don't believe I uttered my favorite phrase, "DON'T TOUCH HER!!!!" the entire time we were there. I found little spots of quiet time here and there. Nothing dramatic or life changing. But the quiet was nice, and afternoon nap time was great; no laundry to do, no cleaning to do. One afternoon I laid down with Joshua as he was falling asleep. He clung to me, even while asleep. I tried to worm my way out 4 times, but finally gave up and enjoyed the quiet time intertwined with my baby boy.

We stayed at a KOA that had exceptionally nice bathrooms. I almost left a comment card with that exact statement, but there were so many other things that were irritating that I wimped out and didn't leave any comments at all. Each family had a little 10x10 foot log cabin which was nice and cozy even through a strong rain storm. Sleeping in tight quarters has its advantages. Well, maybe only one advantage. I loved falling asleep to the sound of my family softly breathing. The breaths that I always take for granted...The breaths that I can't hear in the day to day noise of life. Listening to that reminded me that all is well with my little family. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager