My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

tears, tears, tears



This is the face that I've been seeing for the past 7 days. Nights are worse than the day. I even took her to the doctor, hoping for some kind of drug, (for me!) but the only diagnose was 4 front teeth coming through at once. That's right. 4! Poor thing just can't get comfortable, and neither one of us is getting any sleep. Anyone have teething relief suggestions? Last night was bad; she cried for so long. I dumped baby Tylenol down her every 4 hours, I nursed her, I tried to rock her, I pulled out every trick I could think of. Brian even took a turn for 20 minutes, which means I was at the end of my rope. I've woken him only 3 other times to help out at night in the past 10 months. As a last resort, I decided to strip her and plop her into the bath. It was 3:34AM. The change in her was amazing! She went from thrashing and screaming and moaning, to cooing and splashing. It got her mind off of the pain. As she sat there laughing and playing, Brian and I looked at each other in a sleep deprived haze. After 20 minutes, I got her dressed and snuggled with her. She was fast asleep within minutes and slept till 8am. I guess she'll be taking a lot more baths in the wee hours of the night.

Whew.. that's a better picture. That's the face I love to see.

And that's the face I want to see more often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby...unfortunately there is no definite help for teething. Some babies are just mores sensitive to teething, but 4 at once is no fun! Baby Tylenol..maybe just before bed if that is the worst time...not sure how you feel about using that. Wet washcloths and freeze or refrigerate them. Sometimes the best thing is too rub the gums with your finger with firm pressure on the gums...a clean one of course. Extra cuddles or course. Are you guys still nursing? Maybe extra nursing for comfort. Good Luck!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

The poor little thing! Four teeth at once, no wonder she's crying. And poor you as well!

 

Made by Brian Trager