My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Yup! Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me this I know
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak
but He is strong!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
The first song Joshua learned was "Jesus Loves Me". He wasn't even 2 when he would belt it out from his crib, while on the playground, or for anyone who would ask to hear it. At first the words were a little mumbled because he was mimicking the sounds and tune more than each word.
As the song grew more familiar and more frequent on his play list, it turned into "yup! Jesus loves me, yup! Jesus loves me." It makes me giggle when I hear that. I think of how Simon on American Idol is always saying to take a song and change it around to make it your own. Well, it appears that Joshua would be able to succeed at that portion of the competition. Unfortunately, he's pretty much tone deaf.
I'm sure the first song I learned to sing was "Jesus Loves Me" too. For 29 years I've known that song and heard it and sang it thousands of times. But there is something about hearing a sweet innocent baby boy belting it out that made me stop and really look at those lyrics again.
I know Jesus loves me because the Bible clearly says it. I'm weak and He is strong.

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager