My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Volcanic Chocolate Cake



The Kraft Foods magazine is amazing. I love the ideas, and the easy recipes. And it's free! I flip through it, tearing out things that I think I may be willing to try. Usually I pull out 4 or 5 dessert ideas, and maybe one dinner recipe. Yes, I LOVE DESSERTS! I got this from the most recent issue mailed to me. And there's the magazine photo, which looks fairly appealing.

But really, who likes lemon? I mean, if it's the only thing around I could manage to swallow it down. But if I'm going to bake something, it's got to be chocolate. So, I switched the lemon cake and pudding with chocolate cake and pudding. I baked it and baked it, but it still wasn't done. I left for work and Brian promised to keep an eye on it. Well, after an additional 30 minutes in the oven, it was bubbled up like a balloon and he pulled it out. He sent me a text message: "I don't think it turned out right".



I laughed and laughed when I came home and saw the "cake". The dirty dishes from dinner were all over the place, and toys were strewn across the living room, and STILL, I LAUGHED! It looked like black lava with mountains and valleys and pools of chocolate lava. Brian wouldn't touch it. But Joshua and I ate it up without complaint. Chocolate is chocolate! Any child of mine knows that volcanic chocolate dessert still beats out anything lemon.

I never thought I'd say it, but this is one chocolate recipe headed for the trash.

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager