My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stuff rolling around up there

Mr. David Allen wrote an entire book about getting control of stuff.

Allen writes: "The big problem is that your mind keeps reminding you of things when you can't do anything about them. It has no sense of past or future. That means as soon as you store it in your RAM, there's a part of you that thinks you should be doing that something all the time. Everything you've told yourself you ought to do, it thinks you should be doing right now. Frankly, as soon as you have two things to do stored in your RAM, you've generated personal failure, because you can't do them both at the same time. This produces an all-pervasive stress factor whose source can't be pinpointed."

Ah ha. I think that's where my favorite quote comes from: "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today." Because if I take care of that thing that is NAGGING at me then it frees up more space in my RAM and quiets my thoughts.

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager