My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A month of thanksgiving

100_2810
I've had this huge frame for many years, and although I like the print ( by Cheri Blum.... I love all of her work) I couldn't find a spot for it in our house.  


100_2808
I turned the poster over just in case I want to use the print again someday and spray painted the back with a brown paint I found in the basement.  I think it was actually some kind of metal primer paint.  Very "fall-ish", right?





100_2809
I sealed a bunch of envelopes, then cut them in half to make little pockets.   Using a tiny bit of math, I layed out enough for the month of November.  Brian kindly told me that November has 30 days, not 31.  

100_2812
Each day after dinner, we pull out a little sheet of paper and write down what we are thankful for.  Next year I'll pull it out again and use the back of the sheets to record our thankfulness, and the following years after I'll get additional sheets to add, if it lasts that long.

Here are some recent ones:
Brian:  Good coffee, Good pizza,
Joshua:  Julia, learning things in school, Wii
Kaylee: pop-tarts (which I bought once!!!), special friends, pre-school, special friends at pre-school.   She's kinda in a rut.
Amy:  Back massage from Brian, family funeral/reunion, healthy kids, new neighbor friends

1 comment:

Christine said...

Awwww!!! Right back at you :) What a great idea, I really love it. Kids say the greatest things, right?

 

Made by Brian Trager