My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sweater Refashion


Give me one day off of work and I'll clean the house and make cookies. Give me TWO days IN A ROW and the fun things start to happen.

I found this grey sweater at a garage sale.

The Good:
1. It's from the Banana Republic.
2. It's a good color to wear to work.
3. It was $.75 (SEVENTY-FIVE CENTS!!)


The Bad:
The sleeves are about 5 inches too long for me. Definitely can't interpret wearing it.


The Ugly:
1.Bad buttons
2. Crochet pockets
3. Crochet collar

I fixed the sleeves by hemming them up and keeping some of the pretty detailing on the edge. I snipped off the buttons and saved them for....I don't know...something down the road.

I hesitated for a moment, then cut off both the collar and the pockets. It's hard for me to believe that I have better taste than the Banana Republic, but I gotta say I think the crochet was a big mistake.


Rummaging through Brian's tee shirts produced a graphic-free tee shirt and he begrudgingly sacrificed it for a crafty cause.

Now, here is the really amazing part. I wanted to ruffle the tee shirt strips and was planning on pulling on the thread for 2 hours while watching a movie. However, I turned some dial on my machine and like MAGIC, it ruffled the tee shirt strips. I stood up and did a happy dance. I have a ruffle dial! My world is about to get ruffly.


I pinned the ruffles around the edges of my sweater, sewed it on and VIOLA! A beautiful $.75 sweater. I'm pretty happy with it....like I haven't taken it off since I made it.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

love it!!! Super cute!!

Shannon said...

OH MY GOODESS!! YOU REALLY ARE MY HERO!! As Always I love your awesomeness!

ookamama said...

wow ame, that looks great, nice job !You continue to amaze me...

Jenni R. said...

AmyJo: Thanks for the comments on my polk-a-dot table! You've done an excellent job with the ruffles on the cardigan and t-shirt! I'm inspired again to give it at try!

 

Made by Brian Trager