My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

baby legs!

Have you heard of "baby legs"? They are like leg warmers, but way cuter than the grey leg warmers I wore in eighth grade. The cutest ones on the web are at Baby Legs, but they are $12 each.

They are perfect for babies who will be learning to crawl in the summer time because they protect the legs and knee. They supposedly are great for potty training, although I completely missed that with Kaylee girl. (I think she's basically potty trained!!! There were days I thought I'd never be able to say that...)


I made a set of baby legs out of some ladies knee high socks. They turned out a little wonky. The next day, I found a pair of (real) baby legs at a garage sale for $2 and bought them just to check them out. They were a little bit wobbly and wonky too! Can you tell which ones I bought and which ones I made?



Pushing my perfectionism aside, I plowed through a bunch of socks following Everything Your Mama Made's tutorial. I probably spent about $12 supplies (socks) and got all of these to match Gracie's outfits. She's not actually crawling yet, and I'm not trying to push her. I just want to be ready. :)


The tutorial is pretty thorough, but here are my personal notes:

Women's knee highs = toddler legs
Kid's knee highs = baby legs
Women's regular socks = baby legs

Sew with the longest running stitch, then cut off excess.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I have never heard of baby legs! I have reached the point in my life where my C and I can borrow each others socks!!

 

Made by Brian Trager