My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Re-usable produce bags

Someone at work asked me to make reusable produce bags out of tulle so she can stop throwing away those stupid plastic bags from the grocery store. At 34 weeks pregnant, I said "sure!" and started playing around.

Tulle is obnoxious to work with. That's all I'm going to say.

My friend wants 10, I want about 4 for myself. I think I"ll make 40 and sell them 2 for $1.50 so that I can recoupe the cost of materials. Let me know if you want a few! They come with no lifetime warranty.



I'm using these really cool toggles to cinch the tulle bags closed. I bought 75 on line and I think they are awesome. So awesome that I'm willing to sew up 40 bags just for the fun of cinching them up.






4 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

What a great idea! Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine! And I got the little clothes dividers at a local consignment shop :) They have them online at Babies R Us though -- I love them! :)

Neabear said...

That is a good idea. I never thought about using tulle in that way. Hmmm....

Traci Michele said...

That is super cool!

Come grab your blog award!

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2009/09/your-blog-inspires-readers-award-give.html

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Very cool...and green idea!

 

Made by Brian Trager