My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

A bib out of a pillowcase

I made this bib for Kaylee the other day. The material is actually from a pillowcase! I added iron-on vinyl so that it's sponge washable, then sewed that pink trim around the edges. I used one of my favorite bibs as a template, and then added a couple inches to the bottom for better coverage. I think it turned out great! (even if the print is a little off center)

It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and useful!


I actually pulled out that pillowcase with the intention of making a pillowcase dress for Kaylee, but got distracted with the bib idea. Luck I have another one left since it'll make a cute dress!
My friend Jen made pillowcase dresses for her girls that look something like this:

I think I can figure that out.....

4 comments:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

You are crafty! I wish I had some more time on my hands...I'd love to sew.
You could get a nice little business going if you wanted...everything you've pictured has looked really nice!

mom said...

It is so true Amy...you could have a nice little business going...I am really impressed...= ) love mom

Kristin said...

Too cute, Amy Jo, as usual! :)

Marlene said...

I really like the bib! I have a love/hate relationship with bibs because I RELY on them but have a difficult time finding the ideal bib. I've come close, but only after lots of looking, and even then, it's not PERFECT.

 

Made by Brian Trager