My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine Crafts

I've been spending a lot of time at home lately. Because....

#1. My house is 98% Kaylee proof and the general public is not.
#2. It's snowed the past 47 days in a row.
#3. Because my hours at work were drastically cut.

I miss my routine!

I'm making an effort to do "craft time" or "school time" each day with Joshua to add a sense of accomplishment into our loooooong days. I'm trying to do things that are easy and free since I'm not making much money and I don't want to leave the house. (see #1 and #3)

We "hammered" golf tees into Styrofoam. It was a little too easy for Joshua and a little too hard for Kaylee. Points earned for for trying, right?

We had a little lesson on bubble wrap. The texture is so cool! Kaylee threw her piece on the floor right away, but Joshua spent almost 6 minutes popping tiny bubbles. I showed him how to paint on the bubble wrap to leave an imprint that looks sorta like grapes. He wanted to paint like normal. Darn it! I made a really cool bubble print paper by myself and it was fun. I'll to try again next year.

Today we made hearts out of flour, salt and water. Ronda blogged about this recipe and said it took alllll day to make them. That's exactly the kind of project I wanted! We mixed up the dough, rolled it out , cut out shapes and baked the hearts.

I must have stated, "Don't eat these cookies. This is a craft. They taste yucky" at least a dozen times.

They smell so familiar...I must have made these when I was little.
We painted them and will hang them up until Valentine's Day.






6 comments:

Ronda said...

Oh I love how you put 2 holes in for the ribbon, great idea! We just made a second batch because Tia broke 2 and was devastated. If you drop on on the floor, they will chip/break, so beware.
They look great. Have fun.

ryleeandnoahsmom said...

How funny...we made salt dough heart shaped cutouts this week also. Still have not had time to decorate them as we simply have not been home long enough.

Free Art Printables said...

Very cute and so fun!

Free Art Printables said...

Very cute and so fun!

jennwa said...

That is so cute. I love it !!!

Thanks for linking, have a great weekend.

Kelly said...

Ha! Number 2 is the reason why I don't miss Rochester at all!!!!!

I feel for ya and spring will be there before you know it. :)

Kelly (aka:blissfullydeaf)

 

Made by Brian Trager