My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

UPS box

Isn't this a cute little magazine holder? (I saw this idea from Pink and Polka Dot and I should have followed her idea to use hot glue gun instead of modge podge )

I got out a real magazine holder and used that as a template to cut my ebay box to the right shape. Then I started glueing pretty fabric (left over from my ironing board cover) onto the box. I spread modge podge on the cardboard, placed the fabric down and added more glue all over the fabric. It was a glue fest.



Years ago, like 5 years ago, Brian found this great "deal" that Ebay and the UPS were giving away free boxes. He signed us up. BOTH OF US. He got 10 free boxes and so did I. In the past 5 years we used maybe 2, meaning there are 18 boxes sitting around in my basement. I finnally found a use for them!


Here's the new pretty one sitting next to the blank white magazine holder. It's a perfect fit on my bookshelf! 17 more to go.... haha

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Amy Jo,
My great uncles and aunts (all near 80 now) decided years ago to stop buying Christmas gifts for each other. Instead they started the tradition of "making something out of nothing". They make gifts for each other out of things they already have around the house. They have come up with some of the neatest ideas. This would definitely qualify for a gift giving idea!

Lisa said...

I love this! I am going to try it. Wish me luck.

You were the real #3 on that post of mine so go for it on your blog. The winners of yours will be lucky. I don't know what in the world I will do for YOU!

Neabear said...

This is a great idea! Good luck with the organizing of your mags or whatever you are putting in the boxes.

 

Made by Brian Trager