My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leaf it Indoors

My mom found this fabulous project for a leaf garland from a Better Homes and Garden magazine. We worked on it a bit when I visited last weekend, and I finished it up this morning.

The leaves are made from fabric and sewn together with a piece of embroidery floss. I suppose the same idea could be done with paper, although that really wouldn't hold up to my lifestyle needs. You know, that lifestyle where little kiddos pull and rip my stuff.

4 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

Very cute! I am traditional and love the true colors of autumn throughout the home this time of the year.
You children are darling and I laughed about the toliet paper:)

Neabear said...

I love that. You did a great job on it. So simple yet so pretty.

Ronda said...

It's beautiful!
I look forward to the day when your kids start hanging out at friends houses and realize that other moms are not as cool as theirs. They will see for themselves that none of the other moms can do the stuff their mom can.

Neabear said...

I had ordered 2 2lb bags and I used one bag plus some for the first batch of 10 bean bags. The bags varied in size from 3x3 to 4x4 or so. They sell a large size bag on that website. I forget the size. It might be cheaper for you to go with that large size rather than a bunch of 2lb bags. I am going to order another batch to 2 2lb bags to finish the bean bag project I have going. Actually, you may be able to get by with 4 or 5 2ob bags. So I guess you will need to do a cost comparison and see what you prefer to do. The website is on an earlier post of mine, Sept. 17 I think. I got them from Roseann's Dolls and Bears.

 

Made by Brian Trager