My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Melting of the crayons

I saw this idea on Make and Take. For some reason I thought we had a lot of broken crayons. I hardly had enough to justify doing this little experiment. I wonder if I toss those little crayon pieces out as I find them? I wouldn't be surprised...

I was concerned about using my everyday muffin tins for this project. So I dug out some Easter egg shaped tin. I sprayed it with Canola cooking spray and filled it up with the broken crayons. (after Joshua and I peeled off all the paper on the crayons)

I put it in the oven at 350 for a few minutes till they were all melted. On the way out of the oven, I jilted the pan and the wax went all over. I knew there would be a reason to use the Easter egg tin. That wasn't fun to clean off.

Here is the end result. Kinda funky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so good you look at tutorials and then actually do them go Amy Jo!!!
Ok so I feel really bad....I have not yet hung those canvases yet and I did not think you would want to see a picture of them stacked in the office :) I will get them hung very soon and then send a pic...I feel bad every time I walk by them!

Anonymous said...

No I did not have any problems and I added the photos last night....I do have that happen sometimes though it does not usually last that long....

Sara said...

you are so creative! I hope I remember all of these tips because they are all SO fun- you rock!

Unknown said...

what do you do with the final product? Use them as decoration or as crayons?

 

Made by Brian Trager