My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

To instill a love of reading...

...is going to be easier than I thought. Little Joshua loves to read. He reads to himself, and I read all sorts of annoying books every day to him. BUT, quite on accident, I found out that he enjoys adult books too. Yesterday, I wanted to read a book and he wanted to snuggle. So I started reading out loud to him, expecting him to last, oh...2 sentences.

There were no pictures. There were at least 2 words per paragraph that I wasn't familiar with. But he sat and sat and listened until I had to pick up the baby. Later that day, he asked me to read "cat book". Seriously! And this morning we snuggled again and read for at least 15 min. Although this book is mildly entertaining, is is not by any means enthralling or fascinating, even to me. Again, there are no pictures, so he's just sitting there listening to me. Oh my! This could be a great way for me to get in some of my own reading disguised as "quality time" with my 2 1/2 year old. Is this normal?

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager