My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The best job in the world (for me)

Somehow I landed the best job in the world. I got it by being willing to learn a new technology, by being in the right place at the right time, aligning myself with a company that has great morals, vision for the future, and knows how to treat people right. I thank God for it all.

Here are some examples:
The network went down for 6 weeks at work. Call volume dropped by 3/4, and yet we all stayed on at full pay, at normal schedule. I seriously came to work and sat around talking with friends, reading magazines, knitting, watching movies, blogging, playing scrabble and then talking some more with co-workers. AND-I get paid gobs of money for all this entertainment. After 6 weeks, the network came back up, and Interpretek threw us a party for having such a great attitude during the wait. What attitude? Of course we had a great attitude! It was a fantastically fun 6 weeks!

On Monday we are having a St. Patrick's celebration. Everyone who wants to participate brings in a *green* food item to share and we will all vote on the best one. My plan is to try green chocolate chip cookies. I don't expect to win, but it's still a great reason to bake something sweet to share.

Next week there will be an Easter egg hunt around the center. Each person has an egg with their name on it. I'm assuming it will be filled with yummy chocolates. There is always some sort of chocolates around here, and that's the secret reason why I love coming to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I love reading your blog entries! It's so much like reading a good magazine but I get to find out what's happening in the life of a friend of mine. I could see you writing your own column. :)
~Angela

 

Made by Brian Trager