My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Multi-Tasking Wonder Mom

People love to ask me, "So.. how are things going now that you have two kids?" Really, it's a very boring question to answer, but I guess people don't know what else to say. I usually respond that everything is going "great".

That's what people really want to hear, right? No one wants to hear that I was up 4 times last night between the two kids or that I swept the floor 3 times and then the baby spit up, so I had to wash it too. Or that I changed my shirt 4 times because Joshua shared his peanut butter, Kaylee drooled, milk dripped all over, and then one more change into a work shirt. I save those type of answers for mom or Liz.

I suppose I could try to give a more interesting response. "How are things going with 2 kids?" Great! I'm fine tuning skills that I didn't realize would be so important as a mother. I'm a multi-tasking wonder woman! I play catch with Joshua while blow drying my hair. I thought that was a creative and efficient use of my time. I work on Kaylee's baby album while making dinner, helping Joshua play with Mr. Potato Head and talking to mom on the phone. I even hold both kids on my lap because Kaylee needs to nurse and Joshua want me to read Thomas the Train.

I sometimes envy my single-tasking husband. I know for a fact that he's never attempted folding laundry while watching a movie. If he's playing with Joshua, that's all he's doing. There's some value to that way of thinking... "Where ever you are, be all there."

No comments:

 

Made by Brian Trager