My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Zebra Chair

BEFORE:  boring (free) office chair

AFTER:  Soft zebra chair cover

2012-09-27 001 2012-09-11 001

A friend asked if we wanted an office chair a couple years ago.  One of his company branches had closed and there were 20 extra ergonomically correct chairs sitting around in his location.  His company wanted them gone ASAP so he snagged one for us.  

2012-09-27 001 2012-09-12 014

It has about 25 options for adjustments…see?    But all those levers scared me from taking it apart to spray paint it and recover the seat cushions.  I thought about it for a couple of years, ha.  When I came across a yard of this fun zebra fabric at a garage sale – BOOM.  I decided to plunge ahead and make a slipcover.

2012-09-27 001 2012-09-12 013

The back of the chair is basically like a fitted pillow case.  The bottom is not finished off so I can yank it off and wash if needed.   The seat cushion has a plastic hard case on the bottom half, so I was able to tuck the zebra fabric in using a flat head screwdriver. 

CHAIR: FREE

FABRIC: $2

TIME: about an hour

Brian didn’t have too much to say about my chair update;  he smiled and nodded his head at my big reveal.   Then he made sure I would leave his office chair alone.  I guess he likes boring black chairs…..

2012-09-27 001 2012-09-12 016

With some of the extra fabric, I saw a fancy zebra running around the house.

Check out Roadkill Rescue for an amazing assortment of trash to treasure projects!

2 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Ooh how fun this is!!! I LOVE zebra print...but my soon-to-be hubby does not! lol.

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Sara said...

AHHH!! I LOVE this chair!! So fun!

 

Made by Brian Trager