My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kaylee’s ruffled curtains

 
I made curtains out of white table clothes and old maternity shirts.
I’m serious.
maternity shirts recycled craft



 I had a stack of solid worn out maternity shirts (and one dress) that were not even worthy of donating, but I liked the colors together. I cut them into strips and ruffled them up.  (Tension on high with biggest stitch length setting)

ruffled curtains
Add caption


That’s a pretty big pile of ruffles.
 
 
DIY curtains, upcycle
I lovingly smoothed each strip of ruffled fabric and pinned them to the tablecloth. 
It took me 6 (freakin) months to complete all 4 panels, during which I was tempted to buy Target curtains at least 15 times.   But I held myself back….
DIY ruffled curtains, upcycle
Awfully cute, right? 

3 comments:

Christine said...

I had no idea! Very cool...

Marie said...

Wow very creative! I love the decorations In her bedroom. How do u find the time to do all of these projects? Im guessing u don't watch much tv? Id love to become more crafty but can't seem to find the time.

Neabear said...

What a clever idea! Her room is so cute! You have done a good job with it.

~Linnea

 

Made by Brian Trager