My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Toys, Toys, Toys

This is what I like my living room to look like: a couple of quiet kids, a couple of random toys and books, but mostly picked up. My ugly little secret lies behind that couch.


This is what it looked like on a good day. I've been okay with it because I can't see it and it's easy to "clean" *ahem* the living room.

It drives Brian crazy!!! He tells the kids to go clean it and they start crying. He can tolerate much, much more than me in the mess department, so it took me a while to figure out why this system of tossing things over the couch was working for me, and not for him. Then I realized that he's 9 inches taller than me and can actually see the mess every time he looks that direction. ha. I love being 5'4".

Because this is pretty much the only mess he's ever complained about, I figured I should help the poor guy out. I got a closet maid cube shelf with fabric containers, but there was never anything on the shelf. It didn't help at all.


My next step was a little more serious. I packed up the box of dress up clothes and moved it to the basement. Then I got another box and filled it up with toys that I think are annoying and moved that down too.



This is the after picture. I can see the floor! Holy Cow! I've been checking on this little corner for the past three days and it still looks like this, much to my surprise. Either they don't realize that they could actually walk back there and find something or they don't want it messed up as much as I do...

1 comment:

ookamama said...

what happened to the big shelf unit you bought at Christmastime... ? thought it was suppsed to go in that spot?

 

Made by Brian Trager