My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heirloom Clutch Ball

One of my girlfriends has been making these baby clutch balls for as long as I've know her. She gives them as gifts and sells them at craft sales for $10. At one point, she made a batch of 30! Crazy, amazing, crazy crafty girl.

6 years ago, I asked for the instructions and this month I finally got around to making it. It took me a few weeks, but I finally finished it. I briefly thought about gifting this ball, but it was so stinkin hard and complicated and ridiculous that I'm keeping it for my own kids. And they WILL cherish and care for this ball. It WILL be passed down generation to generation, regardless of the crazy circus colors that will go out of style (possibly are out of date already).


Shoot... I made something hard! I took on a challenge, sharpened my mathmatical skills and my sewing skills, while completely ignoring my dirty kitchen floor.

2 comments:

Neabear said...

Looks great! I remember seeing these before. I had totally forgotten about them. Wonderful baby toy!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

So cool! I've never seen a clutch ball before...and I love your colors!

 

Made by Brian Trager