My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm putting toilet paper rolls in my garden

I found a great little tip at a great time: SPRING time! I've got about 25 plants growing on my kitchen window sill, and I added 2 more last night inside toilet paper rolls.

I cut strips along one edge, then folded them down into sorta circle which holds the dirt.


Supposedly, the rolls will decompose when the plant is put into the ground. The roots can grow right throw the cardboard. I"m fascinated with this new way to reuse something that I normally recycle.








2 comments:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

So cool!

I've got a 'green' award for you at my place. The code is at the very bottom of the post...

Infarrantly Creative said...

Let me know how that turns out...that is mighty interesting

 

Made by Brian Trager