My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://the-little-moments.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dining room chair

Over the weekend, Brian and I worked on recovering our dining room chairs. Here's the before: a lovely, elegant cream fabric. That was great in our city house before we had kids. 5 years worth of grime just couldn't be hidden. Actually, I would say that most of the grime has been in the past two years since Joshua started eating, walking and smearing food all over.

BEFORE:
This indoor outdoor fabric will hopefully hold up to the daily abuse. I had a heck of a time finding a stapler to do the job. We have a couple that are worthless. I borrowed an air compressor staple gun from a friend who guaranteed it would do the job. I was really scared to try it, and it turns out that the staples were twice the length I needed. I was worried they would poke someone in the butt, so I was quite happy to drop that heavy machinery out of the equation. I ended up with a PowerShot staple gun for $20 at Lowes. Brian did all the stapling and I did all the fabric maneuvers around the edges.

AFTER:
This was not my favorite project, but I'm happy to have it done! And I'm really happy Brian helped me. (he wanted to be sure to get some credit on my blog)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those chairs rock....Love the fabric goes great with your color scheme. I have a powershot and LOVE it!!

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my gosh!! I was just looking at my chairs today and thinking that I needed to redo them!

You did a great job although it sounds like it's going to be a little harder than I thought.

carole said...

That looks really good!

Colleen said...

your chairs look awesome! I can't wait to see them in person.

Traci Michele said...

I love your choice of fabric! Great job! - Traci

Anonymous said...

Those chairs look great! If I ever find some free time or move back to Rochester I'm going to come to your house for home ec classes. ~Erin

Anonymous said...

These look great babe. I love the before and after photos of your stuff. Great job.

 

Made by Brian Trager